1. Build a Matter -enabled device.
2. Register with the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA) to get your own unique Vendor ID (VID) and Product ID (PID). If you do not have your own VID or PID, choose one that is allocated for testing purposes. To use a production VID for an integration, the production VID must be verified and allowlisted.
- For existing Cloud-to-cloud devices, implement deduplication using the same project ID.
- If you migrated your project from Actions on Google, revise your company profile in the Actions on Google Console .
3. Connect your device and enable setup in your app, Android app, or Google Home app (GHA) .
Test & Field Trial
4. Test your Matter integrations before you submit for Certification.
5. Perform a Field Trial, if required, before you submit for Certification.
6. Prepare an OTA image.
7. Test and validate OTA
Certify & Launch
8. Review the Certification Requirements before you submit for Certification.
9. Launch your certified integration.