1. Build a Matter-compliant device.
2. Choose one of the VIDs and one of the PIDs that are allocated for testing purposes. After the Matter specification is officially published, register with the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA) to get your own unique Vendor ID (VID) and Product ID (PID).
3. Connect your device and enable setup in your app, Android app, or Google Home app (GHA).
Test & Field Trial
4. Test your Matter integrations before you submit for Certification.
5. Perform a Field Trial, if required, before you submit for Certification.
Certify & Launch
6. Review the Certification Requirements before submitting for Certification. The approval process may take up to two weeks.
7. A Marketing Review may be required if you plan to mention Google or any of its affiliated brands.
8. You may either launch immediately upon certification, or schedule your product's launch date in advance. Launches roll out and ramp up within a few days.