Smart home docs now live in Cloud-to-cloud.
All smart home documentation on the Assistant developer site have migrated to the Cloud-to-cloud section on the Home Dev Center. See Get started to learn more.
Note that you'll continue to use the Actions console to build Actions.
Trait-level sample utterances added.
Moved all sample utterances from device type reference pages to device trait reference pages.
Troubleshooting documentation added.
Now includes a list of Errors and exceptions.
Google Home Test Suite documentation added.
Account linking validation test documentation now included.
Launched new tools.
- Launched the Google Home Playground
- Released the Google Home IDE
- The WebRTC Validator Tool now available
Chinese language added.
- Added Chinese (zh-TW) to supported languages.
Added error guide.
- Handle errors and exceptions guide now available.
New sample utterances.
en-US, de-DE, and fr-FR samples added to several device types.
Local Fulfillment documentation updated.
Now includes QUERY intent support.
Added new traits, testing documentation, and a Japanese translation.
- Launched Local Home SDK 1.5 with support for Seamless Setup with Bluetooth.
- Added support for proactive notifications for
- Launched follow-up responses with support for
- Added support for WebRTC to
- Updated Test Suite for Smart Home guide with
- Added Japanese translation of smart home developer guides
Monitoring and logging documentation updated.
- Updated documentation now includes new charts and metrics.
Updated certification documentation.
Updated guides, traits, and device types.
- Added notifications developer guide.
Two-factor authentication documentation updates.
- Updated language from "two-factor authentication" to "secondary user verification".
- Added template warning message for secondary user verification.
Updated device guides.
Added quality requirements to device guides.
Added and updated certification and testing documentation.
- Updated Scenes type and trait pages to reflect certification and release requirements around
- Added image requirements clarification to Directory information page.
- Updated Launch your Action checklist to include additional certification and release items.
- Added note to Implement account linking > OAuth, clarifying user messaging.
- Updated Test suite for Smart Home with more information on submitting test results.
Updated Smart Display documentation.
The Touch Controls page now includes Smart Display documentation and clarified content.
Launched Local Home SDK 1.4.
Now with support for local `QUERY` intents (ChangeLog, Package, Reference documentation).
Launched support for App Discovery and Deep Linking.
These features enable developers to streamline the device linking process for users, and improve app discovery.