Resources for development questions, reporting issues, and staying connected to the community can be found below.
Make sure to check our Troubleshooting Matter Builds page for troubleshooting frequent issues that can affect your Matter integration.
If you've got a question or hit a snag, our developer communities are the best places to get answers from other Matter developers:
For help with general development questions - find answers from the Matter
developer community under the
- Google Nest Community Join the Google Nest Community for information.
Report a bug or request new features
Before filing a new issue or feature request, please check to see if there is a preexisting open issue that applies.
What to include in your bug
We've created a Bash script that guides you as it gathers logs from your phone and hub. Please execute it before you run your test, follow its instructions and submit its results.
In addition to the script results, make sure to also include:
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- Expected behavior and observed behavior
- From all your trials, how many times have you reproduced the issue?
- When relevant, screenshots or videos
Hopefully we can debug and solve your issue in no time!
You can report issues or send us feedback through our Public issues tracker.
If you have any questions regarding the review status, see the Certification status page for details.
Stay up to date on news, discussions, and community events.
- Sign up for the quarterly Google Home Developer Newsletter, which covers major smart home developer news and events.
- Join the Smart Home Announcements Google Group to get monthly smart home news and announcements, including notification of documentation updates.
- Save the Smart Home Developer YouTube playlist to your YouTube library.