This Matter-enabled example functions as a light bulb device type, with on/off capabilities. The steps were verified on a Texas Instruments LP-CC2652R7 CC2652R7 LaunchPad™ development kit for SimpleLink™ multi-standard wireless MCU.
This example uses a test Vendor ID (VID) of
0xFFF1 and a Product ID (PID) of
The steps in this document were validated on macOS Ventura Version 13.3.1.
- Install TI SYSCONFIG 1.15.0: https://www.ti.com/tool/download/SYSCONFIG/188.8.131.5226
- Install UniFlash: https://www.ti.com/tool/download/UNIFLASH
- Clone and initialize the
git clone https://github.com/TexasInstruments/matter.git
git fetch origin v1.0-ti-branch
git checkout FETCH_HEAD
git submodule update --init --recursive
- Install dependencies:
pip install ecdsa
Build the image and flash the board
- Build the image for the lighting-app:
gn gen out/debug --args="ti_sysconfig_root=\"$HOME/ti/sysconfig_1.15.0\""
ninja -C out/debug
- Connect the CC2652R7 board with your computer and flash the image to the
board using Uniflash:
- Open Texas Instruments UniFlash.
- Click Start.
- Select Settings & Utilities tab.
- In the Manual Erase section, select Erase entire flash (You must reconnect to the target afterwards).
- Click Erase Entire Flash.
- Select Program tab.
- Load the image for the Boot Image Manager (BIM):
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to
- Click Open.
- Click Load Image.
- Load the image for
- Click +.
- Uncheck Image 1.
- Click Load Image.
Validate the example
- The device should present itself as a USB serial device on your computer.
You may look it up in
ls -la /dev/tty*
- You can open the serial console with
minicom. For example, if the device is at
screen /dev/tty.usbmodemL150011K1 115200
- Press the reset button located next to the USB connector to reset the system
and start the
- Turn on BLE advertisement manually (needed for the device to be discovered
by Google Home app (GHA)). Press and hold BTN-2 for more than one
second, and you should see a message like this in serial console:
Enabled BLE Advertisements
- To turn on the light, press button BTN-1.
- To turn off the light, press button BTN-2.
- If the board has been paired before, it's recommended that you factory reset
it. To perform factory reset press and hold BTN-1 for more than one
Clearing Thread provision Erasing Thread persistent info... System restarting
When your Matter example has been successfully built, create a developer project.